Online training is a form of teaching that does not require the physical presence of students and the teacher and is carried out outside the classroom for several reasons. In other words, distance learning is accessible wherever you are, in the presence of other students or not, and it offers a great opportunity for students who strive to have more options and learn with more comfort.
No matter where you live, today's rapidly changing world has made it quite difficult for some people to achieve the educational goals they want. You will agree that not everyone has the opportunity to pursue higher education on campus. If you are one of them, do not limit yourself to enjoying the privileges that go hand in hand with knowledge. If you are striving to continue your education, online training is a great option.
There are two forms of online training:
Live Online Training
Classes with this format meet at a regularly scheduled time online. This means that your classmates and instructor interact in a specific virtual location, via specific online support, at a specific time. That is, not specifically anywhere, anyway, at any time. Thus, this method includes video conferencing, teleconferencing, live chat, and live conferencing.
Much like in-person classes, attendance will be taken so you'll need to log in and attend every scheduled class time.
Benefits Of Live Online Training
- Learners can easily interact with instructors and other learners, making group activities possible, due to the social nature of live online training.
- Live learning takes place in real-time, which means learners can get instant feedback. Ideas and opinions can also be quickly shared with other learners.
- Similarly, if learners have problems with any of the course content, live learning allows them to ask questions and get instant answers.
Disadvantages Of Live Online Training
- The effectiveness of how learners understand the course content depends more on the quality of the instructor than on the learners themselves.
- learning must adhere to a specific training schedule. Learners cannot access content where and when they want.
- In addition, due to the group dynamics of real-time live training, some learners may feel that they are not receiving the individual attention they need. This is especially true if there is a part of the training that they do not fully understand.
Standard Online Training
Think of an online class as learning on your own time, During your study program, an instructor or program of study will provide you with reading materials, lectures for viewing, assignments to complete, and exams for assessment, you have the opportunity to access these requirements and meet them within a flexible timeframe.
However, standard online training methods involve self-guided course modules, streaming video content, virtual libraries, published lecture notes, and exchanges on discussion forums or social media platforms.
Benefits Of Standard Online Training
- Online courses allow you to fit them wherever you want in your schedule. Normally, those who work and want to take courses in addition to their work find it difficult to manage their time.
- Standard online training means that learners can participate in courses regardless of their time zone or location.
- Each learner works at their own pace. In case you are faster than the others, there is no need to wait for them. The reverse is also true: if you are slower, you can take your time without disturbing anyone.
Disadvantages Standard Online Training
- Although learners may have access to an instructor, contact via standard online training may be limited. Answers to questions cannot be given immediately (for example, learners may need to wait for a response to an email).
- The lack of interaction with instructors and other learners leaves some people feeling lonely. In other words, it could lead to a lack of motivation and commitment in the courses.
- standard online training is learner-centered and self-paced, so those who take courses in this way need self-discipline and concentration to successfully complete the required course work.
Comparison between Standard Online Training and Live Online Training:
Standard online training allows learners to decide when they are most available to study. They can take their courses and programs any time. This is obviously not possible in live online training, which requires a predefined schedule. Standard online training can also be tailor-made according to the level of learning, where you can be at your own pace, unlike Live online training where you have to keep up with the instructor and the rest of your class. And the most important point in this is that standard online training is done through online channels without real-time interaction, which does not allow receiving immediate feedback from their peers or teachers, while live online training takes place in real-time, and learners can receive immediate feedback from their classmates or teacher via instant messaging.
The advantages of online learning are numerous: advantages: efficiency, accessibility, and versatility. However, distance learning also has certain disadvantages, particularly at the technological and human levels.
Nevertheless, this type of teaching will continue to evolve, and online learning, despite its advantages and disadvantages, provides an ideal learning environment for most fields, learners, and teachers.