Zaiko’s development team has rapidly responded to the challenges of 2020. With a quick, and precise pivot from our white label e-ticketing solution to become the Japanese market leader in paywalled streaming events of all types. Zaiko is building an exciting array of services from the ground up as we grow and develop at a rapid pace. We are looking for bright, driven people who want to see their work reflected in every release. Zaiko developers are an international team who respect and appreciate diversity.
The engineering department of Zaiko is very much the core of the company. We are technology-first focused, and the heart and soul of our business are our multicultural developers. Our talented team has experience working at Facebook, Microsoft and startups from the ground up to exit. As we grow, we need to fill a number of important positions to build a better product and add new solutions. Zaiko offers a clear path to advancement and professional growth.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the application development team driving the change and technical innovation to build Zaiko's Web, Video, and Live Streaming platforms. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, environment being able to change direction quickly and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. This position requires hands-on coding & strong development background. You will be part of Zaiko's team of talented engineers, product owners & other stakeholders continually developing, deploying, and testing application software.
Experience you need
- 2 years of relevant work experience in software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building web applications with any common web technologies (PHP, Node.JS, Java, .Net, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of Laravel
- Experience with AWS Media Services
- Experience with RTMP, HLS, and other live streaming technologies.
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Nginx & Vue.js
- Experience with e-commerce
- Knowledge of accessibility specifications conversational Japanese
- Full-time Permanent employment (6 month probation period)
- Flextime (Core time: 11:00-16:00)
Negotiable (Based on experience and skills)
- Transportation allowance
- Stock options
- Social insurance
- Full subsidy for annual health checks and influenza vaccination
- Possibility of relocation assistance
- Weekends and national holidays
- Paid annual leave
- Year-end & new year's holiday
- Special leave
- Childcare leave
Resume Screening → Phone Interview → Coding Test → Interview → Reference Check → Hired
(Process may differ with each candidate)
*Zaiko is an open and diverse company, that is committed to fostering a harassment and discrimination-free workplace.