The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
As a Design Systems Engineer, you will contribute your technical know-how and design aesthetic to push Spotify's current design standards to an even higher level. You’re the kind of person who is passionate about design systems, collaboration and inclusion. You’ll live in the space between design and development, pushing the boundaries of user interface design and design systems. An eye for detail is essential as you develop UI and animation libraries, design tools and foundational frameworks. The impact of your work at Spotify will be significant as you ship a system which powers products that are a part of the lives of millions of users every single day.
What you’ll do
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, writers and product managers to build and maintain our central foundational design system tooling which works across all our platforms and products.
- Collaborate with other design systems teams on evolving our shared processes and tooling to support a large number of teams working on a diverse array of products
- Explore new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale
- Develop innovative approaches to the application of our foundational design system on Android. Finding new approaches, improving the developer experience and removing any friction around applying Spotify’s signature design
- Drive the adoption of our Design System across the company, within all of our apps and integrations though a model of cross-functional collaboration
- Work from the office of your choice, London or Stockholm
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of the latest approaches to the creation, evolution and distribution of design systems
- You are a good communicator and an empathetic, attentive listener with the capability to anticipate the needs of partners
- You should have experience working with Java or Kotlin and are willing to learn and work with both. If you have experience in other languages and technologies like iOS or Web development, that would be a bonus
- You bring a mastery of Material Design and/or Apple HIG, an aptitude for animation, and an inclination towards interface design
- You have experience building complex libraries that were used by multiple teams
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.