What will you be doing?
Part of our Product & Engineering team, as a Software Engineer your daily mission will include:
- You’ll implement new features and services to help millions of users who rely on us. Both by working on our backend, but also on end-to-end features.
- You’ll help scale GitBook to better serve hundreds of millions of page views and edits.
- You’ll improve the performance and reliability of our application and backend, like our databases, APIs or real-time backend.
- You’ll work to make GitBook a robust and secure solution for all of our users.
What technical stack will you be working on?
We’re working on a server-less architecture (using Firebase and Google Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in Typescript).
You will be valued for :
- your technical expertise, as you already have experience developing a web application that scaled to millions of users.
- your engineering experience, as you have a strong understanding of how a web application is built and delivered to end-users, being comfortable with topics such as performance optimization, data synchronization, and caching. Your experience in application monitoring and debugging will also be valued and it will be an added plus if you have experience with server-less infrastructure.
- your product-oriented mindset – you are not only focused on technical and engineering aspects but you also keep in mind that we’re building a product to solve our users’ pain-points.