Company descriptionMonito is the leading comparison website for international money transfer services.
In the past 12 months, our users (migrants, travelers, digital nomads) sent more than $400,000,000 to their friends and family abroad. Monito helped them save $20,000,000 in fees and bad exchange rates.
Behind Monito is a product-oriented team, driven by the mission of the company and the passion of shipping good code.
We thrive in a flexible and no-drama work environment, and we're proud of our 5-stars rating on Glassdoor.
What you will be doing as a Senior Software Engineer
- You will have the autonomy to design and implement impactful features and services.
- You will build across the full stack: frontend, services, data, infrastructure.
- You will work on a rapidly changing product and will have to find innovative solutions to the stream of new challenges coming your way.
- You will help recruit and train software engineers to grow our development team.
- You will stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends by continuously learning and trying new things.
Here is what we have to offer:
- Take a ride aboard one of Switzerland's most rapidly growing web startups, with global ambitions.
- Work with a modern development stack (Vue.js, PWA, Webpack, Node.js, Docker, AWS ...) and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends by continuously learning and trying new things.
- Collaborate with super talented and motivated people in a relaxed but hard-working atmosphere.
- Enjoy flexible working conditions that match your own rhythm (we're also a remote-friendly company if you like to work from home part of the time).
- Your work will have a real social impact on over 700M people, reducing the cost of sending money abroad for migrant workers, international students, and expats around the world.
Annual salary range : 80,000 CHF - 108,000 CHF
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.
Here is what you bring to the table:
- We're looking for someone able to work autonomously and with a self-starter attitude.
- Someone taking pride in the things he creates from the visual polish of the user experience to the reliability of backend services.
- You know how to design performant and maintainable APIs.
- You are familiar with cloud platforms and interested in building scalable architectures.
- You know about clean code, development best practices, and guidelines such as the twelve-factor app.
- A start-up is a high-paced and dynamic environment, we want someone with a proactive attitude, self-responsible with a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Building web products with a purpose is our passion, we're searching for someone who shares this same passion and commitment.
- Experience with Vue.js and Nuxt.js, and good knowledge of Typescript and GraphQL
- Experience in test-driven development and pair-programming
- Previous working experience on a similar product and/or in a rapidly scaling company
- You can empathize with our users because you’ve been in similar situations and come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems.
Before applying, make sure to read our "open letter to candidates".
After you send your application, make sure you received our confirmation email (it sometimes lands in your spam).
Toward a remote-first company
We're working almost fully remote for more than a year due to Covid-19. We were already remote-friendly, and we're making our way to become a remote-first company and already have one engineer working 100% remotely. We are looking for candidates who can work during our core-hours (11:00 - 15:00 swiss time) and travel to Switzerland 2-4 times a year for team offsites.