- Full Time
- Position: DevOps Engineer
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $100,000 (Negotiable w/in this range depending on experience)
- Position Location: Remote -or- Alachua, FL
- Relocation Assistance: Yes, a generous package for USA-based candidates only.
- Work Eligibility: Must be eligible and authorized to legally work in the
- United States and does not now or in the near future require sponsorship.
- No Vendors or Agencies
What’s the gig?
A Fracture DevOps Engineer deploys, scales, and ensures the availability, fault tolerance, and proactive performance monitoring of mission-critical infrastructure and production systems making use of Kubernetes and containerization technology in the AWS cloud.
- Build, maintain and optimize a multi-tier software packaging and code deployment system.
- Develop automation scripts for provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure.
- Ensure 99.999% uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger problems.
- Apply aggressive systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting of security-related issues.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to ensure smooth deployment of software changes and work with project teams on major infrastructure overhauls and upgrades.
What’s it take to be successful?
- Requires advanced technical skills with regard to best practices for design patterns and implementation, testability of delivered solutions, and flexibility of approaches for deploying a variety of in-house and managed software systems with an eye to visibility and monitoring
- Requires commitment to and proficiency with Agile principles at the organizational and software development levels, in coordination with broader DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Requires a significant degree of familiarity with the IDEALS model of microservice architecture patterns, especially including Domain-Driven Design and Event-Driven Architectures
Required to be considered for the position
- 5+ years of experience managing web-scale infrastructure using modern technologies and DevOps principles.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using CodeFresh, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
- Strong background working within a public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred).
- Recent experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, GoLang, or Java.
- Strong practice using Infrastructure as Code/infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, or Ansible).
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Proficiency with configuration and secrets management best practices and tools.
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals including DNS, load balancing, proxies, and firewalls.
Preferred but not required
- Exposure to Prometheus, Splunk, New Relic, or other modern application and infrastructure monitoring systems.
- Experience with Vault for secrets management and injection supporting applications running on Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as the owner of the platform.
Fracture HQ: Fracture, 13000 Tech City Circle, Alachua, FL 32615
(Our new digs in San Felasco Tech City located just ~15 minutes from downtown Gainesville, FL #GoGators.
What we Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous Relocation Package to Fracture HQ
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleDoc, EAP, and Basic Life Insurance (EE Only)
- 401k with company match
- Supplemental Benefits such as Life Insurance, STD, LTD, Accident, Cancer and Critical Illness
- Generous PTO Plan
- Happy Birthday PTO Day! (additional day of PTO in addition to PTO plan)
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Flexibility in Work Schedules (Core Hours from 10 am – 4 pm ET)
- Employee Discount
- PLUS all of the intangible benefits of great culture and collaborative work environment!