We are looking for a dynamic, creative and team-minded full-time software developer to get involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle, including: research, development, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance.
As a developer, you have the flexibility and access to work in many facets of software solution. Command & Control systems such as those used for Public Safety are about distributed system components participating in coordinated processing, sharing and notification of emergency related information. Such systems are deployed over secure IP LAN, WAN and mobile networks. The demanding scalability, reliability and performance requirements inherent in those systems impose high-standards on software engineering, network design as well as data storage and retrieval strategies. They also rely on a diversity of technologies such as those used for telephony (VoIP, CTI, PBXs), SIP and WebRTC to enable quality real-time communications between browsers and phone devices, message-oriented middleware, IM/ Presence, web-based technologies and cloud services (REST, Ajax), WebRTC technologies, databases.
- Participate in the design, development, verification and documentation of models, interfaces, components and software applications
- Apply the development processes established by the development team such as the revision of code, follow-up and change management
- Maintain, support and improve all aspects of existing software products
- Participate an agile development process, delivering work in 2-week sprints and successfully collaborating with fellow team members.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum two (2) years practical experience in the development of Web user interface using React
- Backend development using NodeJs or .NET Core
- Experience with any of the following would be a plus: C++, C#, .NET, WPF
- Ability to collaborate in with other developers, Support, QA, Tech Writers, Marketing, and Sales in a close-knit team environment
- Comfortable working in Agile process, test-driven development and continuous integration environment.
Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn and apply new ideas quickly.