About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Role at a Glance
Are you an accomplished Senior Fullstack Software Engineer who wants to work in an autonomous, cutting edge technical environment? Do you value open communication and a culture that welcomes thoughtful opinions to solve complex technical problems? This is the opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a true agile Development team. This dynamic team builds B2B web-based applications with Java in a Spring Boot framework for our Group Protection IT business. This Senior Java Engineer will work directly externally facing web application called “My Lincoln Portal”, which provides self-service capabilities to employees, employers, and brokers for a line of group benefits products. We are currently decoupling SharePoint applications into microservices written largely in Spring Boot, housed in Docker containers and deployed to Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our culture is the extension of servant leadership and meritocratic decision-making. We value face-to-face communication, bias for action and real-time feedback. Our teams and managers are all team members who work in very close proximity to enable faster communication and delivery. We strive to work with User Experience and Product Management in an effective relationship to drive frontend development and create customer-based solutions
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning and managing the full lifecycle of web applications; from designing, writing, testing, building, deploying, monitoring
- Using tools with expertise such as Atlassian (Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence), New Relic, and Slack, to drive operations and collaboration
- Constructing and implementing software within a full stack environment (Front end, API, persistence, integrations)
- Leveraging front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular 2+, React.js) and back-end frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
- Leveraging Dockerfiles and AWS yaml-based deployment files for infrastructure provisioning
- Demonstrating spikes to discover implementation options for features that require new patterns or technology
- Practicing and driving engineering practices such as DevOps (CI/CD; you build it, you own it), 12-factor design, independent architecture
- Participating as a Team Leader on an agile product delivery team and within an agile program, demonstrate leadership, be a technical expert, strategic, and present to Leadership
What we’re looking for:
- 5 7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required )
- Experience with working within a fully-dedicated agile team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experienced Spring Boot (Java) and Angular 2+ or React.js
- Experience with microservice design (Service-Oriented Architecture) and RESTful web services
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing Unit Tests (e.g. Mockito, JUnit)
- Experience writing Dockerfiles and deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.