About the role
The Cloud Networking team develops and maintains services supporting internal network communication within our public services. Our team is responsible for ensuring service discovery and connectivity between clients and our services both on multi-cloud environments and on-premises via our Elastic Cloud Enterprise solution.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and focus on the core features of our platform networking system and its components. Our globally distributed team has a broad scope and a balanced mix of levels, so there is plenty of room to be a mentor, to be mentored, to lead new features, and to advance both technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
- Build and maintain software supporting our cloud and on-prem service networking
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams
- Collaborate both within the team and with other Elastic engineering teams when working on cross-team efforts
- Debug production technical issues inside a sophisticated stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you will bring along
- Deep understanding of network technologies; cloud platform network behavior, load balancing, and host container networking are part of our day-to-day work
- Experience with a consistent pattern of delivering high-quality code, preferably in Go and/or JVM based languages we work primarily in Go and Scala
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits, including equity grants
- Fully distributed company, both prior to 2019 and after
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices (when our offices reopen, and if you choose to go)