We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Rewatch Engineering team. We are not only committed to delivering the best experience possible, but are committed to do that at scale.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a distributed, passionate team building a transformative platform that companies depend on. In this role also you will design, implement, rollout and support highly performant features with your team.
Rewatch is the system of record for all of a company’s internal videos, creating a private and organized video channel for teams. The product automatically transcribes every meeting, all hands, and product demo so you can search spoken content across every video and unlock the company knowledge trapped inside.
What You’ll Do
- You will collaborate closely with Product Design to build new features.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making.
- You will participate in code reviews to help root out bugs and other security issues.
- You will document the systems you help build.
- You will coordinate with leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests.
Qualities We Value
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and other service layers.
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as understanding of monitoring, observability, continuous integration & deployment.
- Ability to gather, analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems
- Experience working remotely on a software team
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Demonstrated design skills for large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems.
More About Rewatch
- Our last public fundraising was a $2M round led by Semil Shah at Haystack with participation from Kent Goldman at Upside Partnership plus a number of other investors including Sahil Lavingia (CEO, Gumroad), Jason Warner (CTO, GitHub), and Jason Smeale (SVP of Engineering, Zendesk) among others.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
What We Offer
- Work remotely
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Work life balance
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental and vision insurance (US)
- Computer, display, desk chair