Awesome Motive Inc
As a WordPress Developer at Awesome Motive, you will build infrastructure to create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
You will primarily be working in our product team for WPForms, the most popular WordPress form builder - used by over 3 million websites!
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact millions of users.
- You take pride in the quality of your and the craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers, and you don't take critical feedback personally.
- You're happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks or tackling tasks that require both.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Triaging bugs and small enhancements that come into GitHub.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and addons.
- Refactoring legacy code with a particular attention to backwards compatibility.
- Providing feedback and peer review for other developers (Github PRs).
Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- String familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, ES6, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms or related APIs (WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
- Experience with DevOps or infrastructure management.