Join our well-established, vibrant and growing ecommerce company remotely (or at our Chicago office) in an exciting role as “Software Product Manager / Solution Designer / UI Architect”.
Be empowered to use your unique acumen in software design, user-interface wireframing, creative problem solving, detail analysis, organization, and entrepreneurial resourcefulness to collaborate with our team of intellectual renegades to make ambitious goals come to life. This includes continuing to disrupt how HVAC equipment is purchased in order to make it so easy for everyday homeowners it’s almost fun.
In this role, you’ll partner with our developers and stakeholders to brainstorm innovative, leveraged solutions to “wow” our customers and internal users alike. Roll up your sleeves and drive multiple software projects utilizing your strengths that create impact. In this important and visible role you will own responsibilities and projects while working closely with our growing talented group of developers, and other smart team members.
We have many interesting and impactful projects in the works, and a long pipeline ahead. You'll have important responsibilities and fun challenges for continuous growth and enjoyment.
- Create technical solutions using various skills and tools like screen mock-ups, wireframes, UX prototypes, workflow diagrams, drawings, and lean documentation.
- Dynamically collaborate with stakeholders to develop clear project requirement documents while discussing over Zoom in real-time.
- Oversee a variety of projects that are both business related and technology related.
- Develop and maintain software projects road map that supports company initiatives, use for resource planning and organizational alignment.
- Build and manage projects using generalized, non-militant agile scrum methods, administer Jira without creating unnecessary processes.
- Assist developers with solutions to drive projects to successful and timely completion.
- Oversee and assist with QA testing.
- Collaborate with internal and external talent as required - ad agencies, coding agencies, designers, freelancers, etc.
- Document and introduce new features for internal users as training guides or screen recordings.
- Accountable for realistic functional design material that the IT team can build from.
- Successful track record as a software product manager, business analyst or similar
- Ability to draw/sketch/visually plan with ease
- Skilled at creating user interface wireframes
- Ability to apply analytic and critical thinking to develop accurate data and logic
- Highly organized both in actions and in mind
- Willing to read books, further education
- Positive, optimistic and results-oriented (it’s okay to be eccentric)
- Group Healthcare, Health Savings Account
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Challenging and fulfilling work in a positive, optimistic results-oriented work environment
- Competitive wages and a monthly gain-sharing bonus based on revenue growth
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Work-from-home (remote) or in-office position, your choice, even after COVID19 is resolved
- Attractive and comfortable loft office with large windows and lots of natural light
- Office: Coffee and snacks for energy, open beer tap in afternoons, nap rooms to revitalize
We are future-minded innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to everyday homeowners in a way that's so easy it's almost fun. Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We sell and ship HVAC equipment directly to homeowners in the US, and have served hundreds of thousands of happy customers. We are quickly growing, and are hiring new team members to keep up with the exciting growth.
Our objective is to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, everyone wins. Our employees love our positive and supportive culture, beautiful sunny office, great benefits and friendly team. We help our employees develop their careers and do the work that best suits their talents and interests.
We are innovative! Check out a list of industry first pioneered here at Alpine:
- 2002 - first ever ecommerce HVAC store
- 2003 - first HVAC online shopping configurator
- 2004 - first national HVAC referral network of installing contractors
- 2005 - first of its kind automated performance based pay system for phone sales
- 2011 - first and only online HVAC operating cost calculator
- 2013 - first and only HVAC photo-to-quote app
- 2014 - filed patent for better way to assist customers with sales & service needs
- 2015 - first eCommerce bundling of local services + products: EasyHVAC.com
Learn more about working with us and view all open positions at: www.alpinehomeair.com/careers/