What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Senior Director of Engineering? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 4 - 8 years of industry experience to join our amazing Product Leadership Team. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company - you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
We are looking for an Senior Director of Engineering to further build out and lead an engineering team that is creating the industry leading Internal Communications platform. You are passionate about engineering and driving the practice of engineering through education and training, recruiting, process, and culture. You are well versed in modern software application development: the tools, processes and technologies and you possess adequate depth and breadth of technical knowledge to effectively participate in technical conversations when required. In this role, you are accountable for engineering at Bananatag.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
- You are a great people manager and great team builder. You see your success through the successes of those that report to you.
- You are a strong communicator both internally and externally. You excel in expressing your thoughts and understanding others. You believe in transparency and candor.
- You are a coach and a mentor. As the person that is accountable for the engineering team, you are comfortable providing honest feedback and having tough conversations.
- You work with Engineering Management to plan, prepare and manage the engineering team’s strategy and execution (for example, budgeting and forecasting in alignment with business objectives).
- You foster the practice of Agile through empowered product teams. You work with an Agile Coach/Scrum Masters to drive our continuous improvements through process and culture.
- You set the bar for engineering quality and are accountable for our engineering hiring practices and career progression plan. You work closely with Engineering Managers to develop effective strategies to attract and retain high quality talent.
- You manage Engineering Managers and work with stakeholders in the Product Department to align and drive engineering excellence by focusing on the people, the processes, and the culture.
- You are responsible for ensuring that Bananatag has the resources to achieve its business objectives, as a key stakeholder in the Technology and Product roadmaps. You will work closely with the Technology pillar in Bananatag to ensure alignment with Engineering.
- You give back to the tech community to drive awareness, education and recruitment.
- People management experience, ideally managing Engineering Managers
- You’re a strategic thinker, someone who can think into the future and translate that to what needs to be done today to get the team to deliver on the future
- You are known to create the balance of high performance and harmony while never compromising on transparency and candor
- You are a goal oriented achiever
- You may have formal education, but not necessarily important, the school of life with examples of performance and achievement are a must
- Expert knowledge in agile and scrum, you’ve been there and done that at scale
- You’ve worked in a high growth or large scale SaaS company (ideally)
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing or even something in between, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada
- We invest in professional development for lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion, and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time to time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however, you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have an impact and create an inspiring career.