A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s top fleet management companies at an exciting time to support both established and upcoming software products.
Working with clients such as E.ON, National Grid and Toyota our state of the art web technology assesses drivers’ competency levels, and helps our clients to meet their company’s safety obligations and fleet management requirements. This market is constantly evolving with in-vehicle technologies such as driver telematics and monitoring.
We’re now looking for an experienced Technical Lead to join our expanding team. This a hands-on technical role that will be instrumental in supporting and developing our products.
We have an established product in the market and an exciting roadmap of innovative new technologies we are looking to deliver to our customers. We’re looking for someone with a broad range of technical skills to lead on technical projects and will be responsible for both maintaining existing services and infrastructure as well as developing and supporting new technologies.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about technology - you enjoy developing new technologies and breaking new ground with web software
- An experienced technical leader with at least 8 years of experience working your way through web development roles
- A motivated self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative
- Adaptable, organised and able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Have a desire to produce the ‘best’ web software on the market
We're looking for someone who excels in their field, but has reached a point where they want to take the next step in their career and now wants to oversee a small team of web developers. The right person will be looking to follow a career path of;
Web developer > Senior Web Developer > Technical Lead > Head of Technology > CTO.
You should have a passion for technology and have a blend of a hands-on approach along with leading and developing junior team members.
Day to day the candidate's duties will include:
- Supporting and offering technical guidance for the business’ Product and Technical Roadmaps
- Collaborating with and supporting the wider development team including daily stand-ups/stand-downs and scrums.
- Provide mentoring and guidance for more junior colleagues
- Collaborate with the creative and management teams to deliver projects on time and to specification. Develop new user-facing functionality in line with existing interface designs
- Develop and manage work briefs for the development team
- Maintenance of the product and technical support
- Maintain and manage source control and security
- Creation of high-quality technical documentation
- Undertake code quality reviews as well as functional testing of code and quality control
- Work within and manage company coding standards
As a Technical Lead, we’re looking for someone with strong technical experience and a broad skillset.
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys solving problems, and combining technologies such as .Net Core, MSSQL and iOS/Android into new and exciting products. The role will be a mixture of hands-on work and overseeing the overall technology direction for the business, so this is a fantastic opportunity to become a 'bigger fish' in a smaller pond.
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Our offices are based in a modern Technology Centre in the North West and for the right candidate, this role will be remote-working with the very occasional team meet up (Covid-permitting).
We’re looking for someone who is eager to progress and wants to become part of a small strategic team in leading the business through the next phase of growth.
Your first chance to show us what you’re made of will be your application. Please write a covering letter explaining why you think you'd be the right candidate for this role, and what is your 'edge' that you could bring to the table.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a competitive salary as well as additional benefits including BUPA healthcare after a successful period.
We are looking for a UK candidate due to UK data protection legislation, so any overseas candidates should not apply.
Please complete the form below and attach your current CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role.
- .Net and MVC
- .Net Core
- Understanding of Entity Framework or similar ORM
- Web services, XML, XSLT
- Microsoft TSQL
- Web development experience in either agency or client environment
- Expert understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Good knowledge of Classic ASP/VB Script and working with these to migrate to .Net
- Expert understanding of C# .Net (versions 2 - 4.5)
- Familiarity with version control
- Working knowledge of IIS and Windows servers
- Good working knowledge of pre-processors – Sass
- Good knowledge of Responsive Web Development
- Experience of Load Speed Optimisation
- Experience of SQL Server & SQL Server reporting services (SSRS)
- Understanding of CMS technologies
- Experience with PHP is beneficial
- Exposure to iPhone/Android app development is also beneficial
- Classic ASP/VB Script and Visual Basic 6.0
- .Net2 - .Net4
- Ajax using JQuery
- 0, IIS7.0, IIS7.5
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- PHP 4+
- Mobile development such as iPhone/Android