Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
We are looking to bring on numerous Mid and Senior Level developers who will work closely within our agile scrum teams to design and implement new features and products. You will learn the fixed-income market allowing you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by learning new and exciting technologies that we want to implement here at MarketAxess. Above all, you will be empowered by having a voice within your Scrum team as well as within MarketAxess as a whole.
*As this is a remote position, you can be anywhere on the East Coast or in the Central Time Zone and will only be expected to come to our NYC HQ a few times a year*
What You’ll do
- Develop and maintain the company's fixed income e-trading platform for products including credit and corporate bonds
- Develop the order entry/management system, product enhancements and new workflows for trading, server-side programming and messaging
- Perform above duties utilizing Oracle, Java, Swing, Ant, server-side and client-to-server technology, multi-threading, and GUI screens
- Production support, investigating and fixing production issues
- Communicate daily with your scrum team
- Present technical designs of work performed to the various teams as well as the business
What You Bring to the Table
- Expertise in enterprise software development using Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and multi-threading programming
- Strong familiarity with streaming technologies such as Kafka/Redis etc.
- Experience with microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS is a huge plus though not necessary as we are completely modernizing
What’s in it for You
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and being more than a number in our lean and collaborative team, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.