Company descriptionThe Institute of Cancer Research, London, is one of the world’s most influential cancer research institutes, with an outstanding record of achievement dating back more than 100 years. We provided the first convincing evidence that DNA damage is the basic cause of cancer, laying the foundation for the now universally accepted idea that cancer is a genetic disease. Today, The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) leads the world at isolating cancer-related genes and discovering new targeted drugs for personalized cancer treatment. We are a UK charity and member institution of the University of London.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced full stack developer to design, implement, test, and maintain a new user interface for chemical probe assessment. As well as web interface development, the post holder will also be responsible for designing, maintaining, and updating a small database that will store the data displayed in the front end.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside scientists and curators to design, implement and test a new Chemical Probes platform.
- Implement key interactive analysis tools to support researchers select chemical probes for their research.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g. canSAR) to create APIs for data exchange across platforms.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in backend and frontend web development.
- Experience with database management, SQL queries, and building APIs that retrieve/update data in a database (e.g. Postgres, Oracle, MySQL).
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Competitive base salary.
- 31 days of annual leave time (28 annual leave days + 3 privilege days in December, plus 8 bank holidays).
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote working at home (at manager's discretion).
- Pension contribution.
- Possibility to contribute to different systems in the project, depending on your interests.
- Possibility of conference travel.
Please note the job can be remote or mostly remote but the job holder should be based in the UK. The ICR is a registered sponsor and can provide visa sponsorship for the right person.
The post is offered as 2 years fixed-term full-time contract (standard 35 hours a week). The team is based on our Sutton site in Greater London.