We’re looking for a thoughtful and creative Mobile Software Engineer to join our team. You are someone who feels pride from writing solid code, you enjoy creating new user experiences and solving fun technical problems. You lean into opportunities to learn unfamiliar technologies in order to solve a wide range of problems. You care first and foremost about doing what’s necessary to help the business succeed. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Collaborate with teammates to implement and launch highly-visible, user-facing features from start to finish.
- Implement the diagnostics, tests, and other tools to feel confident that your work is behaving correctly in the hands of millions of users.
- Produce solid quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- Work with one or more of Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C. You will need to interact comfortably with C++.
You may be a fit if you:
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment
- Pride yourself on a strong foundation in the iOS and/or Android mobile platforms.
- Are skilled at translating business requirements into technical implementation.
- Are self-motivated and self-directed, and always seek out the highest impact way to spend your time.
- Are enthusiastic about new technologies, but judicious about using them.
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Are humble and intellectually curious.
A bit about us…
We’re on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, reaches millions of people, helping them stay in touch with the people who matter most to them. Our latest app, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love while making an impact. We’re a distributed, small team, that cares about working joyfully and making a difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Joya. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
You’ll love working at Marco Polo because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do but also care about each other
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, healthcare (medical, vision, dental), and paid family leave
Does this sound exciting to you? Think you’re a great fit? If so, we’d love to hear from you.