Please note the salary information listed is only for Colorado residents. Salary may be different in other locations in the United States. Please inquire with this employer.
Title: Backend and Systems Software Engineer – Hartford, CT or Telecommute
Location: Hartford CT US
Job category: Technology
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients’ business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world’s pioneering technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
This is a technical role within the Optum AI Intelligent Automation team. We are looking for a software engineer who is a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership and passionately drives results. This role will involve working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders. This person needs to be comfortable dealing with complexity and ambiguity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and enhance core components for the AI-enabled Image Processing Platform to support and expanding range of image processing and computer vision applications.
- Provide hands-on development as part of an agile engineering team responsible for building and supporting AI enabled Intelligent Automation opportunities.
- Lead by example in quickly delivering high-value, quality software through the DevOps practices
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies and evangelizing their adoption.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years practical experience with a systems development language such as C, C++, Rust, or Go. This experience should include some of the following:
- Network programing (e.g. tcp/ip socket programming)
- Distributed programming
- Programming experience with Linux libraries
- Experience with modern cloud-enabled software stacks and techniques
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure supporting AI solutions
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems, healthcare data transactions and data types
- Knowledge of Optum businesses, critical enterprise platforms, and their related technology needs
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.