About Sauce Labs and Backtrace:
This role will ideally be based in the US or Canada. Backtrace is now a Sauce Labs company! With the combination of Sauce Labs and Backtrace, developers in the gaming, mobile, and web application space can quickly observe and remediate errors in production while also leveraging those insights to expand and improve future test coverage during the development and integration phases of CI/CD.
Sauce Labs is the leading provider of continuous testing solutions that deliver digital confidence. The Sauce Labs Continuous Testing Cloud delivers a 360-degree view of a customer’s application experience, ensuring that web and mobile applications look, function, and perform exactly as they should on every browser, OS, and device, every single time. We’re already transforming the way companies approach testing at organizations like Walmart, Verizon Media, and Charles Schwab.
Backtrace.io is a cross-platform automated error monitoring solution focused on gaming for desktop, mobile, devices, game consoles, and server platforms that helps development organizations reduce debugging time and improve software quality. Backtrace’s high-fidelity error data, powerful analytics, and industry-leading scalability make it ideal for games, mobile, and web applications where the sheer numbers of users and complexity of environments demand a high-performance error monitoring platform.
We’re a diverse, technical group joined by the mission to make software better.
- Many core feature sets at Backtrace are supported by specific feature centric services. You will play a lead role designing and implementing our micro-services offerings. You will have a chance to work directly with our end-users, engineers and leads from leading technology companies. You will collaborate with the rest of the engineering team, including our product, SDK, systems and toolchain engineers, to bring a differentiated engineering-centric solution to market. This position leans heavily toward service api work, but would include the opportunity to also work on our UI. The position is remote and our engineering team is distributed across the globe.
- Be the technical point of contact and engineering lead for key micro-services across our stack.
- Manage service releases across hosted and on-premise environments ensuring reliability and observability.
- You are passionate regarding testability, performance, and reliability
- 4+ years experiences; fluency in Node/Typescript and/or Rust api development