Tiny is hiring a Remote Mid Senior Developer
Why Join Tiny With software used by millions of developers, and thousands of products worldwide, Tiny creates some of the world's most popular open source software. Tiny builds the software that helps support some of the world’s most innovative start-ups and established enterprises; we create developer tools for the modern world. Most developers would be familiar with TinyMCE, the flexible open source rich text editor used by companies such as Atlassian, Accelo, Drift and more.
Scaling up our remote team, Tiny is evolving and growing our team globally as we continue to expand our product offerings, and create even better developer experiences.
Big problems are solved with Tiny solutions.
Your New Role Tiny is seeking a talented front end developer to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence the way hundreds of millions of people create content on the web. You will be a key member of the team responsible for developing and maintaining our online presence, spanning across websites. You will join a team that brings new ideas to the market via our web assets. The role will require flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to experiment and test out ideas. You will work closely with product development, design and marketing, and have a strong focus on creating maintainable and scalable digital properties.
- Use Typescript and Frameworks (React, Express) to build and maintain new websites and landing pages
- Create and maintain multiple Rest API services in TypeScript (Node.js) to support our frontend web applications
- Write high-performance, scalable code and unit tests
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and support stakeholders to optimise and improve our customer’s digital experience
- Work with the wider engineering team to support backend services and APIs (REST API, CMS, Payment Gateways, CRM)
- Drive team success through contributions to sprint planning, code reviews, project post-mortems and a commitment to continuous learning
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in modern web technologies, including Typescript, Node.js, Express, and React
- Solid HTML/CSS development experience
- Familiarity with UX/UI concepts and a passion for good user experience
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment. Prior exposure to working in a remote, global team is highly regarded.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) processes
What you can expect from this role
- We move fast and are always cooking up new things, so no two days are alike, however, you can generally expect to:
- Work with people who are committed to helping you develop skills as a programmer
- Work with senior management who will help you to develop your presentation, communication, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Work with fun, hard-working and competent people who value ideas and creativity
- Create wireframes, and develop these into fully deployed web assets
- Write code to keep our 300,000 monthly web visitors happy, and coming back for more