(Fully remote, 75%+ overlap with UK working hours, non-UK applicants within EMEA are welcome)
What we do
DebugBear helps companies make their websites better by continuously monitoring site speed and quality metrics. Many of our customers are developers themselves and value the in-depth reporting we provide.
You will be working directly with the technical founder and have a significant impact on all aspects of the product.
As a full-stack developer you will:
- Implement and maintain product features while keeping in mind user experience, implementation costs, and maintainability
- Make the product scale to a large number of users
- Ensure the product is secure
- Take on other tasks as required (e.g. customer support or doing research for a technical blog post)
Working in an early-stage company, you need to be able to take on a variety of tasks and complete them successfully, sometimes in the absence of established processes. You need to be mindful of customer needs to understand and challenge requirements and solutions.
Working at DebugBear
We value building a stable product that doesn't break unexpectedly, especially not outside work hours. That means working with proven technologies where possible, writing automated tests, and monitoring the service.
While there is some flexibility with work hours, this is not an asynchronous role. Frequent communication is expected.
Collaboration is mostly through Slack and GitHub, but this might change in the future as needed.
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Google Cloud
- Jest, Puppeteer
- React, Sass CSS, Storybook
- Introductory call discussing the role and your experience
- Technical interview
- 2h development assignment
- Assignment review call
Email [email protected] if you have questions about the role.
You will need at least 6 years of commercial development experience, including significant experience with:
- Relational databases (e.g. Postgres/MySQL)
- Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS/GCP/â€¦)
- Automated Testing/CI
We also value experience with the following:
- Web performance optimization
- Building SaaS products
- Building developer tools
- Working for a small business
- 30 days paid days off
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours
- Laptop provided
The total budget for this role is $90,000 - $115,000 per year. This is what you would get if working as a contractor. In the UK this would translate to a salary of £50,000 - £65,000 ($69,000 to $90,000).
Be sure to mention the words ROAD SADDLE LONELY when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.