We value small and high performing teams and are looking for a full-time software engineer to join the core team. The responsibilities will go beyond just the technical stack, and you'll contribute towards the company strategy and will have a lot of influence over the product and company culture going forward.
Why it's great:
- We’re building a BI tool that helps everyone answer their own data questions
- We're open source and you get to interact directly with our users and shape the discussions within the community
- You can have a big impact at an early stage company (we’re a team of 5 at the moment) and learn loads along the way
- We’re fully remote (anywhere +/- 3 hours from UK time)
- We're well funded by some of the best investors in the world including Y Combinator!
We want someone who
- Empathises with the user's point of view
- Is comfortable working independently, but loves being a part of a team
- Is up for getting involved wherever you’re needed most to help the team succeed
What the job involves:
- Build and own features from start to finish: spec, build, test, deploy, iterate
- Work in a small high performing team with a lot of collaboration and getting feedback directly from our users!
- From time to time, we'll expect you to produce content or present to our community. We're big believers in engaging with our community as much as possible.
- Interacting with our users in the community (through Discourse, Twitter or Github) and reviewing their issues and using the feedback to prioritise our work
- Having an ownership mindset in the company: being comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
Our tech stack:
While we don't expect you to have used all the components of our stack, it'd be great to know which parts of it you're familiar with:
- Primary stack: Typescript, React, Node, SQL
- Frameworks: express, react-hooks
- Infrastructure: Docker, GCP
Be sure to mention the words UNIVERSE SUGAR IMMENSE when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.