At BlueLabs we're combining the buzzing world of sports betting with modern tech and a great engineering culture. Our fully remote team of 20+ engineers owns our multi-tenant sports betting platform end-to-end. It consists of tens of microservices in a handful decoupled domains, orchestrated by a terraform-provisioned Kubernetes cluster, achieving high scalability thanks to an event-driven architecture based on Apache Pulsar. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per day and use Datadog to monitor our infrastructure and applications.
We're now looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Client Team. You'll manage our team of frontend engineers and play a key role in the development of our player-facing web and mobile applications using latest technologies. We're open to experiment with new and emerging technologies - our application is built using SvelteKit and we utilise TypeScript for the entire codebase to improve code quality and reliability.
- Manage and lead our 4-strong frontend engineering team implementing robust and rich, usable, frontend experiences
- Oversee the scope and implementation of new features and systems that are reliable, performant, and secure at scale
- Spend the majority of your time with actual engineering work, contributing to the codebase
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers and designers in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that is onboarding tens of thousands of new players every month
- Take ownership of the whole software development life cycle - architecture, development, testing, deployment, monitoring
- Take part in our on-call rotation every few weeks — we build it, we run it
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your team members
However, that's not all! At BlueLabs, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role and our product accordingly.
The compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €100,000 annually, depending on your background and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide a number of perks to all team members, including a shiny new MacBook 16" M1 Pro or Linux laptop.
- 5+ years experience in developing complex responsive web applications, of these 2+ years managing and scaling engineering teams in a growth environment
- Experience with Typescript or with strongly typed languages
- Solid experience with at least one major frontend framework and willingness to work with Svelte
- Proficient user of a modern development toolchain: linters, package managers, bundlers, Git, continuous integration pipelines and familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Value accountability and will support your team in reaching their fullest potential
- Excellent communication in verbal and written English with both technical and business parties
Nice to have
- Experience with Node.js and full-stack development
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud infrastructure providers (Google Cloud)
- An interest in sports or experience with sports betting
Be sure to mention the word LAWFUL when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.