At Havenly, we believe in making space for better living. From gathering home inspiration, to working with a designer, to shopping curated home products, we collaborate with clients across the country to design spaces they love coming home to. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, CO, we are a fun, convenient, and affordable solution for designing your home.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help lead a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product and product design to build what’s next at Havenly!
At Havenly, our engineers are trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes. We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the business, and work cross-functionally to solve problems and drive success. If you’re an experienced lead Software Engineer interested in furthering your career by solving interesting problems, mentoring other engineers, and driving success at one of the top consumer startups in Denver, we’d love to talk to you!
We’re excited about you because:
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a high-volume production environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills working with non-technical partner teams, small teams, ideally in a startup or consulting environment
- You are an experienced lead who loves mentoring and coaching other engineers
- You want to own the delivery of a delightful experience for our customers
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and don’t mind rolling with, and juggling, a list of priorities
- You know the value of small and mighty agile teams, and have years of experience working as part of them
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged desire to win as a team.
- Bonus: Experience at a fast-moving B2C startup
What you’ll do:
- As part of an agile team, work with product managers and business owners to rapidly deliver new features and products that propel our business.
- Help us maintain, improve, and evolve a technology stack that powers the #1 online interior design company.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain your software in a high-traffic production environment.
- Work with other engineers to review their code (and yours), and ensure that we’re designing and developing for the present with an eye towards the future.
- Learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you, with an attitude that you can teach yourself anything, and that it’s just code .
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support production software weekly.
- As an engineering leader in the organization, help shape our engineering culture, processes and quality of our output
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of industry experience as a full-stack engineer
- Experience as a team lead on an agile team
- Experience with React, GraphQL,
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We want a maintainable codebase that we can all enjoy working with
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Conversant with containerized, cloud environments (Docker, AWS)
Tools you’ll be using (but not limited to):
- Node.js, GraphQL (Apollo), MySQL, Python
- AWS Cloud Computing, Docker, Git/Gitlab, Command Line/Shell scripting
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO (remote candidates considered)
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $145-170K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.