Cometeer is a hyper growth, e-commerce company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. We’ve invented a flash-frozen coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – that delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our fully recyclable capsules are shipped straight to your door; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’re vertically-integrated, with a full-scale manufacturing facility in Gloucester, and are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir. To learn more about us, check out some of our coverage here and here
Cometeer is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build fast, frictionless experiences across our digital product. You will deliver features on our eCommerce marketplace. You have a passion for collaboration with cross functional partners, can adapt to technology change and evolution, and are eager to find creative solutions to technical issues.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Ruby on Rails and Solidus in conjunction with internal teams and development partners to develop and implement new features.
- Directly impact the user experience by owning and developing new features using best practices.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and QA Engineers to deliver rich and sustainable experiences for Cometeer’s consumers using StimulusJS and View Components.
- Translate business/technical requirements into well-architected solutions.
- Build and maintain integrations with third party software.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience in web development with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (equivalent combination of experience and education accepted).
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management, and more is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party systems integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.).
- Experience with AWS and Heroku, JS frameworks, and Spree or Solidus (open-source work is a huge plus).
- Extensive experience writing different types of automated tests.
- Experience in writing good, robust code reviews.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to work in asynchronous team settings.
- Experience in the eCommerce space is preferable.
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Be sure to mention the word EXPERTLY when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.