What we are working on: WordPress ecommerce websites have become very hard to customize and scale for those no code WordPress users, the creative types that use drag and drop builders to create their WordPress sites. We are developing a brand new ecommerce solution for WordPress. A modern solution. We are looking for developer(s) that have experience with WordPress and a decent understanding of ecommerce and typical ecommerce customer flows.
Our goal is to help hundreds of thousands of WordPress users easily create ecommerce sites using WordPress.
- Write and maintain quality code that can be used by and check by other developers on the team
- Excellent communication skills. Consistent schedule and an excitment to take on Ecommerce challenges.
- Self motivated work ethic. You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Fluent in written english. Additonal spoken or written languages can be beneficial.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, theming and WP-CLI
- Understanding of issues around scalability and performance.
- Exposure to monitoring tools like New Relic
- You will be responsible for implementing this pre-made component layouts and also creating the db tables for these also. We currently are using wp tables but will be moving to our own custom tables soon.
- The layouts will be created and should be able to be added via shortcodes anywhere on the WordPress site.
- All designs will be provided and premade html/css will also be provided for each of these components.
tl;dr you will be creating the product page, cart page, product collection pages, and checkout pages for a new ecommerce plugin. Each component (except product page) should be added to a page via a shortcode.
Please note: This will be contract work at first but we are looking to hire full time as we progress through our beta.
Be sure to mention the word RAPPORT when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.