About The Role
You will be a hands-on developer within the Kibana Core team, responsible for the architecture, tech stack, plugin system, persistence layer, and other core infrastructure in Kibana. This team lays the groundwork for other teams to build end-user applications and features. You will work on critical projects and initiatives that will require you to partner closely across all Elastic groups and communities. You will contribute to the definition and delivery of the team’s roadmap. Among other duties, you will reduce the technical debt and provide support for other Kibana, Stack, and Solutions developers.
Some of the things you will work on
- Work on Kibana, the largest Typescript open-source project in GitHub. You will help people worldwide do great things with their data.
- Together with the team, define how developers build Kibana apps.
- You will collaborate with experienced developers in Elastic and our open source community with architectural proposals, conducting design reviews, among others.
- Be a key contributor to the performance, stability, and scalability workgroups.
- Write comprehensive tests, including unit tests, service-level, HTTP-level, UI component, and browser-level integration tests that provide confidence in the stability and function of Kibana.
Some of the projects that you will contribute to are:
- Kibana plugin system and its ecosystem.
- Custom persistence & authorization layer built on top of Elasticsearch for all Kibana.
- Localization framework designed to scale with any number of rendering technologies.
- Elastic in-house telemetry stack.
- Among many others 😉
- Senior-level engineering skills with a record track experience developing scalable, high performing services and applications
- Experience with the release process: Source code control, package installers, build scripts, Jenkins, among others.
- Deep understanding of the design, implementation, and consumption of REST APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Be able to lead technical discussions and reach consensus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
Nice to have
- Experience with a statically typed language (e.g., TypeScript, Flow, Golang, Java, etc.)
- Record of inheriting, defining, & scaling existing medium-to-large scale projects
- Capacity to understand legacy JS frameworks
- Have worked on software distributed as installable artifacts (not a SaaS)
- Have worked on software with a plugin system
- Experience using or leading the Elastic Stack and Kibana
- Experience in OSS project support
- You are familiar with DDD and onion architecture concepts.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay is based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- A generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with a minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave