With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
This position can be Remote for the right individual
As a Backend Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating digital solutions to solve business problems. You will maintain host environments through platform and API backend solutions to ensure front end operations run efficiently. You will work with cross-functional partners to determine software needs and ensure functionality and continuous updates.
What You Will Do:
- Designs and implements and tests REST APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations
- Designs and implements highly scalable data-intensive processing environments to support a website or application.
- Serves as a part of an agile team that embraces best practices and modern tools for platform development (Git, Jira, Postman, Cocoapods, Docker, node.js, docker, AWS).
- Design and Implement REST APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations under the direction of engineering leadership.
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing environments to support machine learning and data analytics.
- Designs and implements highly scalable microservices.
- Actively participates in the design and code review process across the team.
- Produces high quality code with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
- Ensures codebase is continuously deliverable, discoverable and deployable.
- Builds knowledge and contribute ideas through interactive product design sessions, hackathons, and in-field opportunities.
- Can work with minimal direction from Sr. Developers and Product Manager.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Leads regional management efforts, to include product pricing evaluation, revenue optimization and market price monitoring.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR Bachelor’s degree plus Cloud SA or Architect certification plus experience in back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR High-school diploma plus 6 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services.
- Experience with functional (python) and object-oriented (java, scala, clojure) programming languages.
- Familiar with db design patterns.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR Bachelor’s degree plus Cloud SA or Architect certification plus 2 years of experience in back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR High-school diploma plus 8 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services.
- AWS Associate or Professional Certifications.
- Experience working with AWS or other public cloud platforms. Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs. Familiar with GraphQL or other Graph data concepts.
- Experience working in node.js, docker, and other containerization frameworks.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming, functional programming, design patterns (e.g. MVC, Flux, etc.), and modern database concepts
- Strong experience with functional programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with cloud architecture and API development.
- Possesses a passion for clean and testable code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience working on projects with multiple engineers.
- Experience working on an agile team.
Gallo does not sponsor employment-based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
- Hiring Salary Range: $75,316.80 – $112,904.00.
- Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Requisition ID: 87563
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.