For the past 25 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more.
Forum One is looking for a WordPress Developer to help support our portfolio of nonprofit & government organizations! This position is available for FTE or contract work.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate in the development of websites and web-based applications using an Agile software development methodology.
- Write custom themes and plugins for WordPress.
- Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
- Evangelize for best practices for open source development.
- Participate in requirements gathering and solutions architecture for individual site features.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of WordPress development experience including writing custom themes and plugins for WordPress
- Experience working on a LAMP (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and PHP) stack
- Comfortable writing custom WordPress plugins with object-oriented code with PHP
- Familiarity with version control with Git
What would be nice:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant experience
- Experience working in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience with other open-source CMS applications (Drupal)
- Experience with DevOps applications and CI/CD tools
- Experience collaborating with others and working in small teams
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.