Cognosos leads the market in delivering real-time asset location and tracking intelligence. Our lightweight platform deploys quickly both indoors and outdoors, delivering an unparalleled combination of price and performance that is now tracking over 100,000 assets across industries from automotive to logistics to healthcare. Join our team as we accelerate in our current markets and launch into new ones–you’ll have the chance to make your mark working for a fast-growing start-up in the IoT and AI/ML space.
Here at Cognosos, we believe in using the best tools for the job. Our technology stack is built in Java, Groovy/Grails, Scala/Akka/Play, Python, Golang, Typescript, and React/Redux using MySQL, ElasticSearch, Sagemaker, API Gateway, Kinesis, SNS, and Cognito, and deployed on AWS using Kubernetes, Lambda, EC2, IAM, S3, CloudFront, and CloudWatch.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing and building our highly scalable and robust IOT platform. In addition to hands-on development, you will help define the platform architecture, DevOps tools and processes, and shape the engineering culture. You will assist in the ongoing improvement of continuous integration tools, environment provisioning and development workflows.
- Design, build and deploy updates to the RadioCloud Application Platform to support new markets, uses, and features while remaining a modern, highly scalable and flexible platform.
- Work across the entire stack and collaborate with your peers on the product, engineering, and field services teams on the development of Front End, Platform, Data and Machine Learning aspects of our full-stack platform.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and infrastructure to ensure availability and performance for our customers.
- Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management qualifications.
- Work with your peers across groups to adopt and adapt engineering best practices to our team, product, technology, and culture.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, inclusive, and professional engineering culture.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building highly scalable and reliable cloud services
- Experience with source code management tools, preferably Git
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, CodePipeline, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Self-directed and ready to collaborate with peers in software, hardware, support, product, and sales in a fast-paced culture
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment
- Understanding of strategies for providing high availability and security
- Ability to define scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of deployment strategies using Docker for containerization
- Understanding of infrastructure automation solutions (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with AI/ML model development, training, and application
Great Company, Great Perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k)
- Opportunity for equity participation
- Free Parking in a prime Midtown location
- Flexible hours/work from home
- Regular team outings
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Reports to: VP Engineering