Senior Software Engineer in Test – Canada
- Take over our Engineering, Product, Science, and Customer Success weekly manual testing to understand our business logic and work towards automating the majority of these test cases
- Build our end to end automated testing framework and integrate it into our CI pipeline
- Create and document the standards for our testing practices and train and mentor our developers to adopt these practices
- Build a data warehouse and Business Intelligence reports on automated regression activities for non-engineering staff
- Drive and advocate for quality across our engineering team during sprint planning, architecture designs, and release management to improve overall code quality and release confidence
- 2+ years of software engineering experience on a development team
- 2+ years of test engineering experience on a development team
- Solid experience with data testing for our SQL and Python API functionality
- Experience building end-to-end test suites for web apps
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A desire to work as a team player and see teammates succeed together
Nice to have, but not mandatory requirements:
- Experience with visual testing tools like Happo
- Experience with performance, load, or stress testing of applications
- Experience with security and privacy testing
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
- We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
- We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
- We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product, and our mission lose their value.
- What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
- We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
- Accessibility Accommodations:
- BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.