Ope! We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer AND YOU’RE INVITED!
The Culture: Authentic. Encouraging. Wonderfully Communal.
There is a juicy sweet-spot between soulless corporate coding and writing software for hipster apps. Flagrant is a lifestyle career – you’ll do work that matters without sacrificing your personal time. Bonus: A real human responds to every application no matter what.
If you’re looking for substance and laughter, if you thrive on a long leash, if you are hungry for a team that doesn’t suck, STOP TWEAKING YOUR CONFIGS AND APPLY ALREADY.
About Flagrant: On paper, we’re a software and design company. In practice, we’re a bunch of softies with big hearts and the best hype music who want to solve serious business problems in the most delightful way. We believe that syntax and patterns can be easily taught while the skills of working together, communicating with a team, and being genuinely interested in the success of your team can take quite a bit more time.
The ideal Senior Software Engineer can clearly define software requirements, take the lead on operational and technical projects, collaborate with clients and team members, and work independently (with management support)! Preferring the company of humans to robots is a plus: software is a team sport.
- Design software without painting systems into a corner
- Collaborate with clients and teammates to build great requirements
- Write readable code that gets the job done (without becoming someone else’s problem)
- Test software as you build it, using automation when applicable
- Read code and give constructive notes on peers’ work
- Work effectively within a variety of software development lifecycles
- Automate routine tasks using appropriate tools and scripting
- Document your thought process and important decisions
- Experience as a software developer shipping working code to customers
- Experience working as a member of a team developing software
- Experience mentoring more junior developers
- Ability to work independently when required
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and other roles in the software development process (design, operations)
- Knowledge of one or more languages and/or frameworks often used for web programming (e.g. Ruby, Rails)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL, or equivalent related technologies (NoSQL, GraphQL, SparQL)
- Experience with automated software testing patterns and popular frameworks (e.g. unit and functional testing, RSpec)
- Experience in some significant aspects of operating software, like deployment, application configuration, monitoring, and/or alerting
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Predictable schedule with some flexibility
- Fully remote in the US; yes, even when everyone else gets the call from corporate that COVID is “over”.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred); our founder doesn’t have a college degree and understands that people take all sorts of paths to their best selves.
- 4+ years of experience building software and collaborating on a team
- Ruby: 2 or more years (Preferred)
- Ruby on Rails: 2 or more years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings