Be part of a highly skilled collaborative team that works on a wide variety of projects!
Join an agile organisation that doesn’t get bogged down with stifling processes or paperwork!
We are looking for people who embrace teamwork. You could have a couple of years under your belt, or be an experienced full stack developer, you will find challenging and interesting work in a fun environment with us!
As a Software Engineer at Power Diary, you will be responsible for developing features end-to-end. You will need to get right into our code base, understand it, and make it better. You work in a self-managing, cross-functional Scrum team where you will write, test, and deploy your code, and review your peer’s pull requests. You will have to consider the architecture of new and existing features as you work, research different ways to do something, identify the best of them, and code it all up. Think clearly and tell us when we’re wrong.
Want to know more about the types of features you could be working on? This short video will get you up to speed fast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1jDoRPbLI
Does this sound like you?
- Several years experience working on full-stack development
- Enjoy being part of a team, growing and helping one another
- Excited when you have the chance to pair and collaborate
- Always interested in learning new things
- Enjoy being responsive to customer feedback and stakeholder
- Practice test-driven development and judicious refactoring
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, knowing how to find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did”
- Work well in a small team with a clear mission
- Detail-oriented and precise in code, communication, and documentation
- You have the insight to know what’s important and the dedication to get it done
- We prefer working with people who live in locations where the time zone is Central European Time +/- 2 hours but will consider candidates from other timezones if the match is very strong.
Technical skills required:
While existing experience with the technologies we use is welcome, an open and disciplined approach to your work is more important to us than whether you already know .NET, TypeScript, or anything else in our stack. We value the willingness to learn our technologies and environment over domain-specific skills. You just have to show us that you are the kind of person who is at home learning a new programming language.
We use .NET MVC, .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, C#, REACT and TypeScript. Our systems run on AWS, our code is hosted on GitHub, our builds run on TeamCity.
The Software Engineering Team
We are a small team of talented, multi-cultural engineers, distributed across the globe. We embrace industry best practices such as clean coding, code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration, and few-click deployments. We are 100% distributed so we rely on good communication via Slack or Zoom calls within our team and wider organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please click apply or go here to submit your resume in PDF format and answer a couple of questions about how you like to work. We are looking forward to reading all about why this role and organisation caught your attention, and what motivates you in your career.
- Short conversation with HR to discuss your motivation and some details of the job
- Detailed conversation with an Engineering member and HR, getting more detailed with the technology and your experience
- Technical assessment for you to complete at home in your own time
- Technical review of your work with future colleagues
- Discussion with our Engineering Manager and CTO
- Background check
About Power Diary
Power Diary is a leading healthcare practice management system used in Australia, New Zealand, UK, US & Canada. Our mission is simple: To provide health practitioners with the ultimate Practice Management Software that makes running a health practice easier and more rewarding.
Ten years ago, Australian brothers, Paul and Damien Adler founded Power Diary. Together, they combine Damien’s experience running and growing successful health practices, with Paul’s 25 years technology experience building and managing technology projects.
We are still relatively small, but self-funded and growing strongly. As a healthcare company we care about our workforce just as much as our clients and their patients. You will enter a fun, inclusive workplace with a dedicated and driven team.
This is an exciting time to be at Power Diary – we have some great plans for the future and many challenging things to work on. We hope you’ll consider joining our team and being part of our story!
(*) Power Diary collects and processes your personal data for the purposes of managing employment candidate application and recruitment-related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes, for further detail, please refer to the Power Diary Privacy.
Be sure to mention the word WORTH when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.