About this job
At CarMax, we are industry disruptors. At the heart of our innovation is new digital products. Working on many different aspects of the customer experience, our Senior Engineers research and discover new opportunities and shape products to fulfill them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. You will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that is right for them!
Your expertise shapes our business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. And at the heart of that innovation are new digital products. Working on many different aspects of the customer experience, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that’s right for them.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
- Work with store associates to understand the real-life challenges of customers and discover what they need to move seamlessly between the online and in-person shopping experiences
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be
Transform the customer experience
It takes a passion for technology to develop ground-breaking products. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit product team, you will be part of the development process from end to end: consulting users, carrying out experiments, tackling complex business problems and implementing new products. You’re able to balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace.
Qualifications and requirements
- 5+ years of full stack application development experience required
- Experience as a software developer working with product teams
- Working knowledge of programming languages/platforms such as C#, .Net, Azure, cloud-based SaaS and PaaS solutions is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases such as MS and SQL server is preferred
- Experience with API design and integration is preferred
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Exceptional communication skills
- Work Location and Arrangement: This role will be based in the Plano, TX CarMax Technology Innovation Center and have a Hybrid work arrangement.
- On-Call Rotation may be required
- “Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado”