Nelnet Community Engagement is seeking Software Engineers (both Mid and Senior levels) for our Learning Engineering team. At Nelnet Community Engagement, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. We help churches (under our Nelnet Community Engagement & Catholic Faith Technology brands), businesses (under our CD2 brand), & nonprofits engage and grow their communities through text, web, & branded apps.
For Senior Level:
This role is responsible for developing enterprise-wide, cross-functional software solutions. This position designs solutions for complex projects and completes work with no supervision. This role also mentors less experienced engineers and makes recommendations for future development options. In addition, this position advocates for making improvements and working as a whole team to accomplish goals.
For Mid Level:
This position designs, creates, maintains, audits and improves software applications by performing coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. This position designs solutions for typical projects and completes work with minimal supervision. When required, this role makes recommendations for future development options.
This role is open to Remote-US candidates. The current team has a large concentration of members in Overland Park, KS (in the Kansas City metro area).
- Researches, designs, implements and manages software applications based on user requirements.
- Writes, tests and implements efficient code.
- Maintains and develops existing applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- Works within an Agile environment, responds to change quickly, including re-focusing development efforts and adapting to evolving requirements.
- Is positive and solution-oriented with team members and stakeholders.
- Continues to update technical knowledge and skills.
- Additionally, a Senior Engineer, provides guidance to other engineers, coaches and mentors other team members, and is an influencer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong technical competency.
- Ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Logical, analytical and creative approach to solving problems.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Good time management skills to plan and organize own work.
- Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in ownership.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Focus on continuous improvement and delivering value.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively (https://a3a.me/cWbXT).
Our Tools & Technologies
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Technology Stack
- AWS EC2, S3, Route 53
- Microsoft Development Studio
- Power BI or Quicksite
Comp & Benefits
- Annual salary range is $88-$105k for Engineer, $106k - $135k for Senior Engineer.
- 4.2 weeks ETO + 7 holidays + 4 floating holidays
- Free health insurance (associate-only, bronze plan, meets requirements). Very affordable rates if you add on from there.
- Up to $1.8k in pre-tax HSA wellness incentives & $300 in wellness reimbursements.
- 401k w/ 4% match
- Paid parental leave
- Company laptop provided + remote office setup stipend
- Tuition assistance, up to $5,250 / year
- Matching charitable gifts. 1:1 for most, 3:1 for educational 501(c)3's
- You can learn more about our benefits over at http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/
Our growing, dedicated team works in a hybrid remote & open office environment. This full time position is available for all candidates, including remote. The current team has a large concentration of members in Overland Park, KS (in the Kansas City metro area). All candidates need to be eligible to work in the US (Citizen, green card, or other EAD).
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.
PS: We've had some deliverability issues with Gmail users lately. If you're using Gmail, please allow all @aware3.com email addresses like this: https://a3a.me/pv9vV to make sure you get all our correspondence.
Be sure to mention the word ENCOURAGE when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.