Coradine Aviation Systems
We believe in helping pilots, and we believe great software can change your life. We strive every day to improve the lives of pilots. We create innovative services that save time, improve safety, expedite career advancement, and reduce the environmental impact of aviation. We design and develop the best aviation software platforms in the world so pilots can focus on their passion for flying, confident and secure in the knowledge they’ve got the right tools, and a dedicated team of professionals and fellow pilots at their service.
Working at Coradine
Coradine is a well established company with over 100,000 pilots using our logbook services globally. We have a dedicated team with an abundant roadmap of new features and products being developed by a superb group of engineers. Coradine puts results first, empowering employees to do their work where and when they feel they can be most productive. Headquartered in Portland Oregon, we are a distributed organization, spread across the world. We welcome employees based in Oregon, Washington, and Colorado as well as outside the United States. A tight knit team where every member is essential to success, Coradine values all contributions knowing they will make a visible and meaningful impact. A few of the benefits we offer include:
- Generous paid time off
- Monthly health care credit for US based employees
- Paid parental & family leave
- Full employee control over remote working options
- Transparent salaries and lateral access to all and every level of management
- 401k options with company matching 100% of the first 4% contributed for US based employees
In addition to providing great work/life balance, we’re also committed to increasing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice internally and externally in the aviation and tech industries. We recognize that there is a lot of work to be done in these spaces, and we are fully invested in initiatives including self and group education, open and safe discussions, and proactively contributing to partners and organizations that promote and support DEI.
Environmental sustainability and responsibility completes our core values; we understand that our planet is going through an unprecedented climate crisis and we are always working on internal initiatives including:
- Supporting virtual/remote work since 2003
- Providing LEED certified office space
- Helping our customers save over one million sheets of paper per year by logging their flights electronically
- We prioritize consciously supporting other companies and organizations that hold our same values towards reducing impact on our environment
- Build reusable components with attention to an intuitive user experience
- Collaborate across the company to understand requirements and deliver reliable solutions to market quickly
- Drive the development of new features through prototyping, validation, implementation, testing, documentation, launch, and further iteration
- Mentor and provide meaningful code review for your fellow engineers
- Be highly self motivated and driven to excellence
- Proactively contribute to the overall success of the Coradine team
- You like to share, and though you have strong opinions, you are open minded and always seeking the best solution
- You're always looking to write better systems by continuing to learn, find, or create better tools
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Keen to deliver well structured, fault tolerant, and robust implementations with an eye for extensibility and ease of maintenance
- Experience working with NoSQL Database technologies such as Mongo, Couchbase, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL data architecture patterns
- Deep experience using git, issue tracking systems, etc.
- Experience with AWS and Linux administration, including Docker and Serverless implementations
- Experience and knowledge of project configuration (ie: Webpack, Rollup, Babel, Jest, ESLINT), build and deployment
- Enjoy working in a culture of collaboration and execution
- Established problem solving techniques, willing to actively address issues and assist others
- Experience and knowledge of web application technologies, including React, Typescript, Material UI, web services technologies like GraphQL, and ReST
- Practices agile development methodologies
- Proficiency in recognizing and solving performance issues
- Familiarity or experience with the aviation industry is a plus
Be sure to mention the word INTRIGUING when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.