Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a member at Teaching.com, you’ll be part of the team behind some of the most important educational games, with titles such as:
Typing.com: The world’s largest learn-to-type software, used by millions of students every day.
Nitro Type: The #1 educational game in the world, played by millions daily.
Reading.com: The only digital program specifically designed to teach children 4-7 how to read.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for a curious and passionate designer with a drive towards building web software that enables users to handle complex functions in a simple, elegant, and beautiful interface. You’re less concerned with patting yourself on the back for pixel-perfect designs and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our users. The ideal candidate has experience leveraging data, user research and intuition to craft designs and is comfortable translating designs into HTML/CSS.
Skills & Background
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- 5+ years of designing web applications
- A strong portfolio of product UI/UX design
- Proficiency writing performant and accessible HTML/CSS
- Basic understanding of browser performance and standards
- Comfortable working in git-based workflows
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience and/or passion for designing in the education marketplace
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Remote office stipend
- Company-owned laptop
- Monthly meal adventure
- Annual company retreat
Everyone at Teaching.com is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging games for students and educators!
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it’s like to work here by reviewing it.