Do you have a passion for education and technology?
Pearson Accelerated Pathways is an industry leader in post-secondary education. As part of Pearson’s Workforce Skills division we partner with the GED product team providing students with a seamless and complete approach to the educational journey from high school equivalency through master’s level degrees.
We need you, aRuby on Rails/Web Developer to be part of application development, integration and support providing our students the best educational experience. Be part of developing and implementing initiatives that improve innovation in a constantly evolving educational product portfolio.
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Software Developer (Ruby on Rails) will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Ruby on Rails best practices that will meet development and support requirements.
- Create design components, develop code and test changes utilizing test driven development.
- Write automated test cases to test code
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software.
- Interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions.
- Support and maintain web based applications critical to the day-to-day functions of business units.
- Participate in the development and implementation phases of projects to integrate appropriate applications.
- Perform code review with team members.
- Review implementation plans and participate and even be able to manage product installations
- Professional RoR background required
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- 3+ years of professional engineering/development experience
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab
- Some PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Docker expertise
- Familiarity with various testing tools and ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good problem-solving skills
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act. Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $110K to $145k and information on benefits offered is here.