Natural Language Processing Engineer
As a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Machine Learning Engineer on the Telephony platform at Telnyx, you will create and deploy groundbreaking applications that form an integral part of a next-generation Telephony platform. Our Engineers lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx NLP Machine Learning engineer, you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open-source technologies, data sources, and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges through cutting edge applications of machine learning on voice telephony systems. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes.
In This Role You Will
- Build natural language processing models for applications in areas such as real-time speech-to-text transcription, sentiment analysis
- Development of bespoke models to tackle unique challenges in the communications platform as a service (CPaaS) space
- Lead the implementation of efficient data collection, sanitization, and labeling algorithms
- Use effective text representations to transform natural language into useful features
- Implement mixed models analyzing both transcription and audio to arrive at highly-accurate classification models in the context of real-time communications
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms
- Deploy solutions across multiple software instances in a multi-cloud environment with extreme low-latency
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with natural language processing, data science, and machine learning.
- An understanding of applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence as it applies to telecommunications carriers and CPaaS providers.
- Familiarity with creating neural networks to interop seamless with services written in C/C++
- Experience developing or modifying modules for services such as FreeSwitch, Asterisk a plus
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining distributed applications at scale
- Knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns