Full Stack Software Engineer
Webbernet is a team of Ruby on Rails developers spread across the globe. We focus on building scalable custom software for our enterprise clients with a large emphasis on writing fast, clean Ruby code. We work primarily with large companies that can't find software off the shelf. As a result we get to work on unique challenges that solve real world problems for businesses.
Our services include designing, developing, hosting and maintaining custom Ruby on Rails apps.
- 100% remote working. Work on your terms from anywhere.
- We are a remote first organisation.
- Paid time off
- Great team of likeminded individuals who have a passion for clean code
- Autonomy to build technical solutions without micro-management
- Flexible hours. We communicate asyncronously via Discourse teams (so no annoying notifications to break your flow)
- We keep mandatory meetings to a minimum
- Annual professional development fund that you can use to improve your skillset (courses, books, etc)
- Calm premium subscription to help you switch off
- Equipment allowance
The specific application we are working on is an exciting new SaaS product built in Australia.
The specific tech being used is:
- Ruby on Rails MVC
- React for complex components
More information on the app will be provided in our interview.
- Build and deploy features using Ruby on Rails
- Write tests that adequately cover the change (Unit or End to End)
- Keep an eye on your solution performance with New Relic
- Rectify issues that come through our error monitoring system, Sentry.
- Work closely alongside our small design team, crafting the best solution for the challenge at hand
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with team mates over chat
Bonus if you follow Robert Martin's work! No Agencies please
Be sure to mention the word COHERENT when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.