About the opportunity
We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge, and applying new technologies to complex problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Do you want to be a Database Reliability Engineer that builds and manages scaleable, globally distributed systems? Our remote Database Reliability Engineers make sure users are always connected to great local businesses by keeping Tucows fast and available as we continue to scale.
- Analyze solutions and implement best practices for our database cluster and its components.
- Help scale our databases in our Openstack infrastructure.
- Work on observability of relevant database metrics and troubleshoot site issues using industry-leading tools like Datadog and Prometheus.
- Automate everything with Salt, Git, and Terraform.
- Develop custom tools when off-the-shelf solutions don’t work at our scale
- Participate in on-call rotations
Who you are:
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience building application in Python or Ruby
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Who you might be:
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
Be sure to mention the word GLADNESS when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.