In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Be one of the bold and engineer advanced networks with us. We are looking for extraordinarily hardworking and forward-thinking, people. If you would like to be part of a global multi-cultural team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent, a culture of innovation and collaboration, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
CommScope is hiring a Full Stack Java Developer (Principal Engineer). This is a remote opportunity, and the incumbent can be based anywhere within US.
How You’ll Help Us Connect the World:
This position supports Comsearch, a CommScope company. Comsearch is a niche business and is looking to expand and advance its suite of products. You will focus on full stack development and contribute to the development of Comsearch’s existing website, its customer-facing registration databases and engineering applications, a variety of internal tools, as well as help develop new SaaS products. We will look to you to participate in architecture decisions and lead different development efforts. As such, some very interesting challenges are likely, and the company is looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. You will be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve Comsearch’s technology and products. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on standard methodologies, usability and performance. Provide recommendations and lead multiple development activities
- Use modern web application languages and various frameworks to develop efficient applications
- Provide website maintenance and improvements. Ensure the technical feasibility and security of UI/UX designs
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality wireframes, mockups and prototypes within agreed timelines
- Assure that all user input is validated before designing applications
- Work with various development and collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence, Perforce, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Git
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Provide technical leadership making sure software and products stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability standard methodologies
- Collaborate with other development team members, product line management, and partners
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- 10 years of Java Software Development experience using Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with a relational database such as Postgres, Oracle, or MySQL, including schema design, as well as SQL
- Agile/Scrum development experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS and Docker
- Understanding of the entire web application development process, including design, development, and deployment, with some back-end knowledge
You will excite us if you have:
- Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Software
- Domain knowledge in the areas of RF algorithms and GIS
- Excellent inter-personal abilities with Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
Anticipated annual base salary range dependent on candidate’s work location, experience and qualifications: $145,000 – $165,000
Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Annual Incentive Plan. This position also benefits from eligibility to participate in CommScope’s Long-Term Incentive Plan (“LTIP”), as approved by CommScope’s Compensation Committee
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what’s next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at [email protected] You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo