Full Stack Java Developer
American Red Cross
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States.
The American Red Cross seeks an experienced and creative Full Stack Java Developer to join our Fundraising & Marketing Technology Group (FMTG) in supporting applications that help to deliver ARC’s mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We accomplish this primarily through public-facing applications at RedCross.org and Redcrossblood.org, an internal gift management platform, and several other business systems tied into a corporate intranet called The Exchange.
The Full Stack Java Developer will work on a cross-functional Scrum team with other developers, testers & product owners to directly develop on Red Cross public facing websites.
What you’ll do
- Interact with our Adobe Experience Manager CMS, coding custom components as needed
- Create feature branches, rebase other developer’s changes, and submit / review PRs in Bitbucket
- Code HTML/CSS/JS/Typescript for Angular v2+
- Create and modify our backend Java APIs using your favorite IDE
- Estimating and planning feature releases in JIRA with your Scrum Team
- Deploy your changes to the partial/full stack you’re running locally for testing and troubleshooting
- Write lots of automated tests with Angular, JUnit, and Cypress
- Build and deploy to shared test environments using Jenkins
- Work with QA to validate test plans and fix bugs found during testing
- Help triage and fix bugs found in production
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- 4+ years total experience developing web applications for content management, digital commerce or high-volume transactional platform
- 3+ years of experience in Java development with spring employing modern software design patterns such as Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID principles, microservices, serverless and other cloud-native solutions
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks like JUnit
- Experience with version control systems (GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket)
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
- Strong NPM front end tool chain skills
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) framework, including end-user and authoring concepts like Templates, Components, Page Properties, Blueprints, Sites and Assets
- Experience with core AWS services (EC2, VPC, ECS, CloudFormation)
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience in CI/CD DevOps tools (Docker/Jenkins/Nexus)
For those candidates located in Colorado & Connecticut, the salary range for this position is: $125K +/- annual salary. We do not offer bonus pay for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.