About Offensive Security
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Offensive Security is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Content Developer; Red Team to join our international team. The Content Developer will be responsible for identifying, writing, developing, and refreshing content for our online courses and certifications. The successful candidate will have detailed familiarity with Offensive Security course materials and experience in Penetration Testing and Red Teaming as a consultant or internal team member in an enterprise.
We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and has the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- In addition to writing content, the duties involved in the position entail the planning and design of training material.
- Research is expected be performed, which includes discovering case studies and staying up to date with current attack and evasion techniques.
- Since Offensive Security training is hands-on, the duties of the position also include the creation of vulnerable virtual machines and necessary code used to teach Penetration Testing and Red Teaming.
- Additional duties include providing peer review and technical assistance to colleagues when needed.
- As the Content Developer, you are a spokesperson for the courses and materials you are writing.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience working with Penetration Testing or Red Teaming.
- Well-versed in Active Directory attacks, including enumeration, privilege escalation, lateral movement, and persistence techniques.
- Strong knowledge of languages like PowerShell, C#, and Python.
- Experience in bypassing security solutions such as antivirus, application control, and EDR.
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent explanation skills
- Very effective writing skills and the ability to express yourself with a high level of detail and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate well among varied audiences
- Curriculum or online content development experience is ideal but not required
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents, and time-zones
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative and professional team environment
- Excellent research skills (data gathering and analysis, fact-checking)
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed remotely from anywhere in the world.
This position has no direct reports.