volve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner’s business – all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company – we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
Evolve is looking for a curious and humble Lead React Engineer that can work closely with Design, Product, QA, and DevOps to build customer facing web products that provide great customer experience (Cx) at scale.
This role will serve as a technical lead to support a team of three to five engineers, that are dedicated to their Scrum team, and will own the overall product quality and technical output of the team.
This is a great opportunity to work with a purpose built Scrum team, dedicated to a single metric that will drive the team’s vision and priorities on what problems they solve and what features they build.
What you’ll do
- Guide the implementation of a web-based product
- Mentor and lead a team, as technical expert, of (3-5) engineers building the product
- Own the technical output of the team
- Work directly with a Product Manager / Product Owner to clearly understand the problem being solved
- Collaborate with Architects to define the technical approach and design to best solve the problem
- Deliver clean and efficient code to support and maintain the automation and scaling of our business using React/Redux, TypeScript, HTML, and CSS(Sass).
- Ensure Front-End development best practices are leveraged in designing and delivering solutions
- Build and maintain a component library to be leveraged in other projects as we scale
- Drive code reviews and collaborate with other team members on JS coding standards and best practices, third-party integrations, and other Front-End development processes
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years building React applications with solid understanding of development lifecycle
- 1+ years experience as technical lead
- Balanced experience with frontend (e.g. React.JS, Redux) and backend (Node.JS, ExpressJS)
- Experience with document (e.g. PostGres, Mongo) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience integrating with APIs
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) – Contentful, WordPress, or Drupal
- Comfortable working with DevOps teams to optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Experience participating and/or leading code reviews
- Comfortable working in Agile Scrum environment
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $136,000 to $166,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional compensation details:
Equity: 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
Total approximate compensation: $166,600 – $203,350
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?