Senior Front-End Engineer, Accessibility
MURAL’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
MURAL created the Collaborative Intelligence System to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, MURAL is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 900 MURAListas around the world collaborate in the MURAL app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
MURAL has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As a Frontend Engineer on the Design System + Accessibility team, you will support the mission to make digital collaboration an experience that is inclusive and accessible to all users. You will be joining a team dedicated to quality and innovation to create an inclusive experience for MURAL’s users.
Working across the entire MURAL product, you will work to solve problems that are specific to accessibility. Which will include, but are not limited to: updating existing components to be WCAG compliant and accessible. Develop new features and functionality specific to delivering accessible visual collaboration at scale. Support the integration of accessible Design System components. And most importantly, be an integral part of the culture shift of making MURAL a truly accessible organization.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with a love for accessibility, code, and UI
- Deep understanding of HTML semantics
- Experience with modern web development frameworks and tools (React, Express, Babel, Webpack)
- Experience with testing technologies: unit, integration, & e2e tests (Cucumber, Testing Library, and Cypress are a plus!)
- Understanding of WCAG and the principles required to meet success criteria
- Experience implementing features that follow accessibility best practices and standards
- Experience with using common assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, TalkBack, ZoomText, Dragon)
- Familiarity with accessibility testing tools
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Participate in maintaining documentation for frontend development and accessibility-related features and functionality
- Strong technical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability and motivation to learn!
Ideally you have…
- Experience with Design System development
- Experience with Web Components
- Experience conducting accessibility audits
- Experience with Nodejs
Please submit your resume in English.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- MURALvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- MURAL free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner