Oregon Mutual Insurance Company, a regional carrier is the western states, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow in the insurance industry as an Associate DevOps Engineer within the IT team! We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for developing and supporting software and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment including hybrid on-premises architectures. Remote, hybrid, or on-premises in our McMinnville, OR headquarters.
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines and Git. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, etc.
- Exposure to DevOps tooling like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Experience with source control, automation, CI/CD, and orchestration tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, AWS Developer Tools, Jenkins, Git, in a cloud environment.
- Experience designing and building infrastructure and web application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps, including continuous integration/delivery/deployment, automation, release and configuration management, and monitoring and
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
- Advanced Scripting skills with PowerShell or Python as applied to orchestration and automation of
- Advanced skills with security and security principles as applied to infrastructure and internet computing.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment.
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Strategic thinking: Improve ability to see the big picture and take a longer range, broader business perspective. Learn to step back from the day-to-day tactical details of the business and focus on the “why”, not just the “what and “how.”
- Communication: Demonstrate to others that you value what they have to Use active listening, open-ended questions, body language, and eliminate distractions that get in the way of your ability to listen. Communicate in an authentic way that inspires others.
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Coaching/Leadership: Learn to guide and help develop others in the Learn to implement and sustain change in the department, division and company.
- Cross-functional knowledge and perspective: Learn about other aspects of the Improve your understanding of the insurance industry. Get closer to our customers and understand what they need and value.
- Collaboration: Improve relationships with peers. Be a better partner, understand their goals and needs, and learn to work together to help achieve each other’s
- Associate DevOps Engineer: 0-2 years in a professional engineer Experience with engineering in coursework or other area.
- DevOps Engineer: 2-3 years in a professional engineering role.
- Senior DevOps Engineer: 3-5 years in a professional engineering role.
- Lead DevOps Engineer:
- More than 5 years in a professional engineering role.
- Experience supervising/leading teams of DevOps Engineers.
Headquartered in McMinnville Oregon and named one of the Best Main Streets in America, by Parade and Sunset magazines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: US Locations Only