Senior Frontend Developer
The Giving Block
The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market-leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
The Giving Block is building industry-leading products that make it easy for nonprofits organizations to accept crypto and for donors to donate crypto. Working at The Giving Block, you will be part of a team that is creating a new category: Crypto Philanthropy.
We are growing fast and have more tasks on our roadmap than ever before and are ramping up our development efforts once again. Now we are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Developer to join one of our cross-functional teams. You will work on new features and improvements in existing products (Donation Widget, dashboards) as well as contribute to the development of new products.
The main technologies we use for front-end development: TypeScript, React.js, Redux, Material UI.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Building, extending and maintaining UI for new and existing system features.
- Analyzing requirements and designing technical solutions together with back-end developers to implement new features.
- Writing well-structured, maintainable and efficient code along with unit and render tests.
- Integrating with our APIs and back-end services as well as third party services.
- Working with designers to achieve top-tier UX for our products.
- Collaborate with the product team to bring your expertise to bear on various challenges.
- Ensure the security of the upcoming solutions to make our customers feel safe.
- Provide support, troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Collaborate with the development team, QAs, and product team on system improvements and tool and technology selection, as well as code review.
- Assist the team in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer with at least 1-2 recent years of experience with React.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of OOP, SOLID, design patterns as well as functional approach
- Understanding of how the front-end interacts with the back-end and external services
- Experience with refactoring and refactoring techniques
- Understanding of basic security concepts in web applications
- Strong ability to take ownership and handle tasks assigned to you until delivery to production
- Ability to team-play
- Strong communication skills in English
We count as a plus
- Knowledge of front-end architecture solutions
- Experience in writing tests
- Experience with client-server web application development
- Experience with Redux and connected components
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging
- An eye for visual solutions and a sense of design
- Experience working remotely and/or with international teams
- An interest in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and/or non-profits
What we offer
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, equity, etc.)
- Three weeks of paid vacation and 10+ company-wide holidays
- Flexible work location and hours (fully remote)
- Company issued laptop and equipment
- We work with agile methodologies without unnecessary bureaucracy
- No legacy code and no significant tech debt
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!