The Splice Platform Team works to improve the overall developer experience at Splice. We guide and introduce changes to system architecture, and we work collaboratively across all of Splice Engineering to help make engineers’ lives easier and help Splice move faster.
As a Software Engineer on the Platform Team, you’ll work closely with Engineering, Data, and Product Management to deliver value to artists through improvements to Splice’s Technology stack. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments – Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What you’ll do?
- You will shape how Splice builds features and scales out to new customers by guiding changes to system architecture and design.
- You will help establish best Engineering practices and work with all of Engineering to adopt those practices.
- You will work closely with Site Reliability Engineering and Quality Assurance to collectively execute on our roadmaps.
- You will help coordinate cross-team commitments in order to drive value for customers quickly and sustainably.
- You will participate in supporting Splice systems by joining your Team’s on-call rotation and actively engaging with ongoing incidents as needed.
- You will engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
What we’re looking for?
- You have strong experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You have at least 2 years experience programming in Golang or another strongly typed multithreaded language (Golang highly preferred).
- You have experience evaluating and guiding system architecture and design.
- You communicate early, clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a product-focused mindset. Our Team works together to solve real problems for artists. You’re eager to go deep with partners in Data, Design, Product, and Content.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation, and you get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You are comfortable working across technical stacks.
Nice to haves
- Experience with AWS, MySQL, and ECS
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with RPC frameworks
- Understanding of Accelerate metrics and how they affect overall Engineering velocity
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $125,000.00 – $145,000.00.