FingerprintJS empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source. We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, Yahoo, and eBay just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is FingerprintJS (15.2K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us build a high accuracy online fraud prevention service. Someone who has experience building fast systems and APIs.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of API architecture and implementation.
- Good understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent understanding of Internet security & privacy mechanisms.
- Cloud experience.
Ideally we would love to have someone who also has:
- Historical record of open-source contributions.
- Security / Cryptography background.
Don’t be afraid to apply even if you’re missing a few bullet points in there!
- Golang and NodeJS
- AWS (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DynamoDB).
What we offer:
- 100% remote position (you should be in UTC-8 to UTC+4)
- Small team, lean hierarchy and no politics.
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a $600 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Freedom to grow and experiment. Work on open-source projects and try new things and ideas.
- Ability to influence and quickly grow within the company.
- Stock options
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.